‘Eleven minutes’ is a metaphoric term which actually defined the relationship between life and sexual integrity of human being. Author Say:
‘The amount of time spent actually having sex is about eleven minutes. The world revolved around something only took eleven minutes’-Paulo Coelho
A girl, Maria is a prostitute, who convinced herself from the very early age that, she never ever find her true love. Due to her hardship, She left her home country Brazil to lead a well-organized life.
She moved to Geneva, worked in a luxurious hotel as a prostitute and dreamed about that one day she will earn enough money so that she can buy a farm for herself and her family’.
She is a prostitute but intellectual human being, who quickly learned the lesson from her own life and prepare herself mentally for her clients. The reality and selling her own soul for survival reasons, she gradually pushes herself far from a real love of her life. She gradually moves towards the pure physical pleasure rather than satisfactory mental pleasure.
But, One day she meet a handsome young painter named ‘Ralf Hart‘. Maria found ‘inner light’ of her life inside that painter’s heart. She found her true love and a bright light of her soul which was totally unnoticed since she was born.
She found her “true love” for the painter and her ability grows to split her “sexual fantasies” from “actual love”. She learned the nature of “sacred sex” from him.
This is a life story of prostitute girl. But This story gives you many important lessons about life like love and pain. A genuine masterpiece by Paulo Coelho indeed.Famous Quotes
1. ‘Life moves very fast. It rushes us from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds’
2. ‘Dreaming is very pleasant as long as you are not forced to put your dream into practise’
3. ‘I am not a body with a soul, I am soul that has a visible part called the body’ – From Maria’s Diary
4. ‘Human being can withstand a week without water, two weeks without food, many years of homeless, but not loneliness’
5. ‘Considering the way the world is, one happy day is miracle’
6. ‘Pain is frightening when it shows its real face, but its seductive when its come disguised as sacrifice or self denial. Or cowardice’
7. ‘Desire is not what you see, but what you imagine’
8. ‘Passion makes a person stop eating, sleeping, working, feeding at peace. A lot of people are frightened because, when it appears, it demolishes all the old things it finds in its path’